This sets out how Aeolian Holiday Cottage Wales uses and protects personal information that you give us when making a booking online, over the phone or in person.
Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Information we collect about you
Making a booking
When you make a booking, through our website, on the phone or in person we will ask you to provide personal information about yourself. This could be your name, address and other contact details. The information and the information about your booking(s) is used to arrange your holiday accommodation and any other services you are requesting.
Filling out forms
We may collect information you provide when you fill out forms on our website, such as signing up to our newsletter, filling in our contact form or registering as a user on our website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
Use and storage of your information
- We have legal obligations to keep your personal data supplied safe. We will tell you how we will use your information and we will collect it fairly.
- Your booking information is held securely on our third party, GDPR compliant booking system. The owners of the booking system have security in place to ensure data is kept safe at all times.
- Information you provide to us will not be shared with third parties without your knowledge. We use the information to provide holiday services to you under our contractual obligation and to provide you with the best possible service. We may also use it to improve our products and services.
- Limited information about your booking will be shared with the housekeeper involved in a booking, where necessary.
- If you have consented to receive email marketing communications from us we will periodically send you emails which include offers and holiday inspiration ideas that we think will be of interest to you. You are welcome to unsubscribe from our email communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will always ask for your explicit permission to send you direct marketing communications.
- Payments transactions are carried out through independent third parties and governed by third party terms and conditions. We do not store any bank account details.
- You have the right to have all your information deleted from our systems.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to change any incorrect information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing information about you.
We take a proactive approach to user privacy on our website, and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of users throughout their visiting experience. Our website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide users with a tailored experience within the website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from our website and its external serving vendors.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting our website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process, we advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
Although our website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.)
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that our website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Our website nor its owners will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question.
Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
Our website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls. Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by our website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore our website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
The contents of these pages are © Aeolian Holiday Cottage Wales. Reproduction is only permitted in accordance with the licensed terms below.
Content Copyright Terms
If you are a commercial organisation you must contact us before using any information from this website.
If you are a non-commercial organisation, or individual, you may use, print or copy content from this website but if you publish (for example, on Facebook, or other social media) then you must give full attribution and link to this site – such as “Material from the Aeolian Holiday Cottage Wales website, www.aeolianholidaycottagewales.co.uk
If you have any doubts at all please contact us before using the material.
Any requests to reproduce materials outside the scope of this licence should be addressed to: email@example.com.
You may not get an immediate response to your email. You must get approval before you proceed.
Website contact: Alison Evans
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org